By CLC Kenya
Writing Classes 2020-2021
Impacting lives with Christian literature – From Africa to Africa and Beyond…
Introduction to Writing
Whether you’re a beginner looking for answers to basic questions or a frequently-published writer with years of experience, every writer will benefit from having a writing mentor.
To complete the manuscript and graduate to the publishing phase, you will need to complete:
- Level 1: The Beginner Class – at the end of which you will have the first draft, and
- Level 2: The Advanced Class (at the end of which you will have a refined final manuscript.
You should be able to complete the two courses in 13 weeks if you are fully committed to the process, assignments, and the actual writing of your book.
You can also choose a 6-months timeline, a 1-year timeline, a 1.5-years timeline, and a 2-years maximum timeline with self-pace. ***Disclaimer: past 13 weeks, the class is self-paced – this is set up with explainer videos throughout the course and therefore no face-to-face weekly mentorship.
The choice is in your hands, well, head!
Let’s get to the writing!
Introduction To Writing Class
Writing your book is a critical step towards getting published. Writing is the best way to share an idea or story that matters to you, while at the same time impacting the life of someone else. A simple book that you actually get to write is better than an awesome one that you dream of writing and is still in your head. Most people have a dream of writing a book but never realize it. This is why we are here today, now! To make sure that the book makes it out of your head into your word processor.
Setting our expectations is important to help both parties involved understand their role and what they’re responsible for. These guidelines are aimed at fostering confidence in you and in your writing project. You can monitor yourself and take more responsibility for your process and learning. The more time you spend on the tasks and expectations, the better and smoother your writing journey gets.
Time Commitment – This is for you to write, do the assignments, and meet the deadlines.
Meetings Attendance – This is both online and convened meetings to enhance fellowship and collaboration.
Step by Step – Please go through the class in the steps allocated and finish one step before moving on to the next one. The class is designed to ensure you have a draft manuscript if followed as outlined.
Financial Investment – To enable us to get the tools we need to facilitate the class for you, in this class, the investment of Kes 15,000 (a subsidy from Kes 45,000) should be made to CLC Kenya as per the invoices issued.
WHAT is the STRUCTURE of the class? (UPDATED*)
1. 13 weeks’ program.
2. Videos and articles per week with assignments for each week.
3. Submission of assignments once every week and before the next class with feedback on what to improve on.
4. A group convened class once every week with an opportunity for questions and answers from your mentor(s).
5. One or more guest webinar speakers who are established-authors to encourage you on your journey of writing.
6. Graduation on the 14th week – some will have grown as writers and others will be at an advanced stage to present shining and richer manuscripts.
7. 10% discount for authors self-publishing with CLC Kenya within six-twelve months post-class.
Meet The Team
Here’s the amazing team of missioners, trainers and volunteers who keep our programs going!
Head of Publishing & Programs
Head of Printing
Abiah Adnah McKenna
Media Assistant, Volunteer
R&D Director, Volunteer
Publishing Cohorts 2017-2021
Authors Served 2015-2021
In Authors Collaboration 2018-2021
Member Log In
Emerald Writing Class
March - May 2021
In partnership with Pearl Radio, 10 writers started their writing journey in November 2020. At the end of 13 weeks, 3 writers successfully finished their manuscripts and are ready to be published.